Due to the limited capacity to adjudicate visa applications due to the covid-19 pandemic, the department of state (DOS) announced its known immigrant visa extension and expansion. US visa in Edmonton, AB has almost the same procedure in any other country.
Process of US visa
To complete the US visa process, you have to pick a number in the Qmatic machine located close to the waiting room entrance. If you are applying for a non immigrant visa, please press the red button.
- If you are applying for an immigrant visa, please press the yellow button. After picking up your number, you need to sit and wait until your number is called and blink on the front screen of the waiting room. In addition to your Qmatic number, a window number will also blink, indicating which window you should go. While waiting for your number to be called, ensure that you have all the required documents prepared in hand.
- The second step is the intake process. Once your number is called, go to the designed window and present all your documents. Once your documents have been collected, you will be asked to have a seat and wait until your number is called for step three. In the third, you will need to scan your fingerprints. Your iris will also be scanned if you are applying for a special immigrant visa. So, please pay close attention to the instruction you gave at the window.
- Regarding scanning your fingerprints, start by placing the four fingers of your left hand on the glass. Then place your right four fingers on the glass. At least, place your two thumbs on the glass.
- For the iris scan, grip the camera handle and adjust the camera to the height of your eyes. Move very slowly towards the camera until the officer tells you to stop and scan and step back. This completes the fingerprints and iris scanning.
- After collecting your fingerprints, all the nonimmigrant visas must go to the cashier located at the window. One to pay the visa application fee or collect a no fee receipt. Please, note that they only accept US dollars.
- For the next step, pick up the phone located at the window and speak in the most comfortable language for you. Further information regarding your application might be needed. In this case, you may need to have a seat for an interview and wait until your Qmatic number is called again