A handyman often referred to as a fixer, handyperson, or handyworker, is someone who is proficient at many different tasks, usually around the house. These jobs sometimes go by the names “side work,” “odd jobs,” or “fix-up duties and they involve trade skills, repair work, maintenance work, and both interior and outdoor labour. These tasks could include small electrical tasks like replacing a light bulb or light plumbing tasks like repairing a leaky toilet.
Duties and responsibilities of Handyman
Typically, a local handyman services in Cedar City is in charge of plumbing, mechanical, and electrical repairs. Depending on the business, they might work with landscape maintenance personnel to maintain the exterior areas. Here are some typical tasks carried out by a handyman:
- Make repairs to the electricity in public spaces, such as the laundry and lights.
- Make sure mechanical equipment is functional and has the necessary repairs done.
- Complete all general building upkeep and cleaning.
- Installing and updating plumbing, stairs, and floors as necessary.
- Fix and repaint the building’s walls, ceilings, doors, windows, roofs, and other components.
- Keep recycling and trash bins handy all across the building.
- Maintaining and fixing heating and cooling systems as needed.
Skills and qualifications
A qualified handyman applicant will be familiar with the fundamentals of plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and customer service. This applicant will be knowledgeable in many different areas, but they will also be able to tell when a repair is outside their scope of expertise and recommend that their supervisor handle it. Some examples of handyman qualifications and talents are:
- being able to handle hand and power equipment safely
- Plumbing system installation and replacement experience HVAC understanding and repair abilities Effective communication with renters and property management
- Self-motivated with strong time management abilities
Education and training requirements
States will have different training and certification requirements for handymen. In some states, a licence is necessary for everyone who works as an HVAC technician, plumber, or electrician. The licence for a general contractor may be part of this certification requirement. For a Handyman position, a high school diploma or GED is frequently desired but not necessarily necessary.
The hourly wage for a handyman is $18.24 on average. Depending on the applicant’s geographic area, degree of education, and experience, the actual pay may change.