Mouthguard covering helps to protect our teeth from injury during sports and teeth grinding. The primary purpose of moth guard is to cover and protect our teeth and gums. The mouth guards are custom fit according to the size of the mouth. They are one of the valuable assets for guarding our teeth against grinding. Teeth grinding is a sleep-related disorder that can cause many problems such as jaw pain, tooth pain, and gums pain. Wearing a teeth grinding mouth guard while sleeping helps keep the top and bottom levels of teeth separated. They do not get damaged due to the presence of a mouthguard.
Benefits of mouth guard:
- It helps to prevent tooth and jaw pain.
- Teeth grinding at night can cause severe problems, but a mouth guard helps guard teeth against any damage.
- It helps to promote a night of good and healthy sleep.
- There are customizable mouth guards available.
- It also helps to get rid of a headache and various jaw pains.
teeth grinding mouth guardshould be washed instantly after wearing with warm water. It helps to eliminate plaque left behind on it. We can keep the mouthguard in white vinegar for about 40 minutes to get it deep cleaned. They are very much essential for the prevention of teeth grinding. It helps to protect us from injuries. The mouthguards are a vital and valuable asset.
Types of mouthguards:
- Custom-made mouthguards: These mouths are made customizable according to the size of the mouth. They are specifically designed by taking the structure of teeth and mouth. The customizable mouthguards are better and more comfortable than other mouthguards. They are more expensive than other mouthguards.
- Stock mouthguards: These are widely sold worldwide and are among the cheapest and most affordable mouthguards. The stock mouthguard covers up the upper portion of the teeth. Due to limited size, these mouthguards can be tough and tight to fit in.
- Boil and bite mouthguards: They are almost similar to a stock mouthguard and are relatively inexpensive and cheap.Softening of mouthguards covers the upper teeth and helps to bite down.